Creatively Modified / Minnesota
#ProjectHondarod Build Specs
Project Hondarod is a one of a kind scratch built mid engine prototype combining a love of import tuning and traditional hot rodding for ultimate in smiles per mile!
- 1994 Del Sol Chassis moved to rear wheel/mid engine configuration mated to 1933 Ford frame rails reinforced with 2″x2″ square tube and 1-5/8″ round tube.
- 1994 Honda JDM D15B VTEC mated to 2003 JDM civic d17 transmission.
- D17 inner cv joints mated to stock Del Sol cv axles.
- Sculpted from foam and wood templates, the body is multilayer fiberglass and carbon fiber construction. Removable front clip, suicide doors
- front: Skunk2 Pro ST coilovers, custom built tubular A arms, Mustang II lowered spindles, QA1 rod ends, and ball joints.
- rear: Skunk2 Pro ST coilovers, Moog oem Del Sol upper and lower control
- arms, tie rod ends, new oem hardware
- Wilwood floor mount triple pedal assembly, 3/4 bore master cylinders,
- Wilwood proportioning block with brake light circuit
- front: Mustang II 11″ rotors with GM metric caliper
- rear: oem replacement stock front Del Sol rotors and calipers
- front: American Racing torque thrust M 17″x 8″ w/ Nitto Tires 555 size 225/40R17
- rear: American Racing torque thrust M 18″x 9″ w/ Nitto Tires 555 size 255/45R18
- RCI 6 gallon fuel cell.
- Forever Sharp 13″ Steering Wheel
- Toyota Mr2 shifter with modified linkage and MOONEYES shift ball
- 1994 Honda Del Sol seats and seat belts.
- 1994 Honda Del Sol gauges and steering column
- 2013 Ford edge modified muffler
- Authentic Hawaiian dashboard hula girl from the last full service gas station on the island!